Reread Joshua 7:24-8:2
- Perhaps this question is not as relevant to all people but only to some: Does God seem to be different to you in the Old Testament than God is in the New Testament?
- In what ways have we sought to reconcile some of these perceptions of a difference in God’s character between the two testaments?
- In what ways might the time and place in which the Old Testament and New Testament texts were written, reveal more about the people at that time, than they do about God?
- Can you give some examples of where you are seeing God to be compassionate and loving in the Old Testament? Can you find examples of God’s judgment and wrath in the new?
- Is there a window of mercy that Jesus has opened for us that is bracketed on one side by the Old Testament judgments, and on the other side by the final judgments we find in the book of Revelation?Could this also explain the emphasis but receded as being different than the two testament questions?