~ Sermon Notes ~
Re-read Genesis 15:1-11, 17-21
- Share a time when you had to trust someone, when you had to believe that someone would live up to what they had said.
- Why is it important that we determine a persons trustworthiness before granting our trust?
- God promises to be Abram’s shield and reward. How does this promise address the motivations of the people who built the Tower of Babel back in chapter 11?
- What is it that makes Abram righteous? How might this be a different foundation than what many think is the foundation for righteousness?
- Abram has waited a long time for this promise to be fulfilled. So, he asks God for something to affirm what he believes. God makes a covenant with Abram. How is this different than God simply making a promise?
- How can this story help us to understand God’s trustworthiness? How might we become more like Abram?